The legends of Hawaii include the legend of the lava goddess Pele. This legend has spun-off into other tales of sighting of her spirit. Some people have claimed that the old woman would approach them asking for a smoke, light it just by snapping her finger, then disappear. Residents have also mentioned one who knocks on the doors of strangers in the middle of the night to ask for a cup of tea or water, and if the person refuses to help her, death or heartbreak will fall over their family. This is one of many of the ghost stories of Hawaii.
If you have any stories of ghosts from Hawaii to contribute to this site, please contact us.
- Haunted Morgan’s Corner on the island of Maui
- The tale of the Nightmarchers of Kauai
- The Ghost Children of the Wailua River
- The Haunted Palace Theater in Hilo – A Bone-Chilling Tale from the Big Island of Hawaii
- The Faceless Woman of Hawaii – A Ghastly Ghost Story
- The Ghost Dog of Waipio Valley
- The Green Lady: Hawaii’s Ghostly Legend of Kahala Hilton Hotel
- The Haunted Lighthouse: The Ghost of Makapu’u Point, Hawaii
- The Lady in White: Hawaii’s Haunting Legend of Pali Highway
- The Night Marchers: Hawaii’s Legendary Ghostly Warriors
- Top-10 ghost stories of Hawaii
- Christmas Gift Giving Superstitions:
- Haunted Hawaii.. Oahu Ghost Tours Take You to the Edge